Today I went to Pike Place Market for lunch. I had a grilled mozzarella basil sandwich from a local cheese café and a Virgil's rootbeer. I wandered through the cobblestone street and was amazed at the variety of goods being sold. It almost felt like the market scene from "Amelie," where she describes the hub of activity happening in the French market. This was on par, except more transients and Asians. I still enjoyed the thought of wandering through the downtown market (it is also the oldest Farmers' market in the United States!).
I am becoming more comfortable doing activities by myself. I am alone, but that doesn't mean that I am lonely. I am just becoming more observant of my new city. I am still amazed at how much of Seattle I have yet to see. I am also attempting to blog about this experience more frequently.
For the first time today I was able to understand what it means to live in a big city: keep to yourself, live your life, and enjoy the pace of the city around you. It is difficult being from a small city, but I am slowly adapting. I have to say, I am still in awe of the surrounding mountain ranges that encompass Seattle. It makes it all worth it.

No comments:
Post a Comment